The dynasty ruled over Alhama from the 14th to the 19th century The names of Vélez and Fajardo are frequently seen throughout the Region of Murcia and are linked with castles, Murcia Cathedral, churches, emblematic..
The former hub of social, political and economic life in Alhama The Plaza Vieja in Alhama de Murcia was the centre of local social, political and economic life in the town from the mid-14th century until as recently as..
Alhama de Murcia, a morning out visiting the historic spa town Alhama de Murcia has enjoyed tremendous success with its free guided tours of the town throughout the last few years, as many local residents had never ventured..
The connection with water runs from the Roman baths to the Tajo-Segura supply canal These days Alhama de Murcia is a prosperous medium-sized town in the south-west of the Region of Murcia, approximately half way between..
The church of San Lázaro Obispo Alhama de Murcia, hours of service The church of San Lázaro Obispo is built on the remains of an ancient Christian church, which in turn was possibly built over the old mosque, a logical..
The current church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception dates from the 18th century Murcia was one of the first parts of Spain where devotion to the Virgen de la Inmaculada Concepción (Our Lady of the Immaculate..
"Los Baños" Archaeological Museum The "Los Baños" archaeological museum of Archena de Murcia, which is next to the church of San Lázaro at the foot of the hill on which the castle stands, was created..
The fortress of Alhama was built by the Moors and later occupied by Christian feudal lords During its history the Region of Murcia has been occupied by a series of cultures which define both its character and the people..
Pósito Municipal, Alhama de Murcia El Pósito Municipal or municipal grain store of Alhama de Murcia is a large 18th-century building which was restored in 2006 and was used to house cereal crops and regulate the trading..
The former tithe collection building was one of the most important in Alhama de Murcia The Casa de la Tercia is the grain store built by the Marquises de los Vélez in the 18th century, the coat of arms dating it to 1755..
Work by one of the best-known Murcia artists of the 20th century José María Párraga Luna (May 20th 1937-13th April 1997) José María Parraga was born in the Cartagena district of Alumbres and moved to Alquerias..